Monday, November 17, 2008

Just Call Me 'Bargain Bekah'

As if the appearance of a bedding superhero wasn't enough excitement, I have achieved new bargain hunting status with my steals and deals from this past week! Therefore, I think it only fitting that I be referred to as "Bargain Bekah."


Following my acquisition of the Oscar de la Renta duvet cover and dust ruffle (at a whopping 96% discounted price!) I found a queen size sheet set by de la Renta in the same pattern for an amazing $17.00! And, instead of purchasing bolster pillows or other toss pillows in the lovely striped fabric to match the dust ruffle, I found a seller who has fabric remnants from this pattern and purchased a yard of the fabric for only $2.00!



In addition, on Saturday the hubby and I visited a low cost furniture store in Charlotte that carries high end furniture at a lower cost. We purchased a floor model dresser on clearance for only $289.00. This furniture, along with our new bedding and fresh coat of paint on the walls will make a wonderful calm and soothing botanical feel to our bedroom, which is just what I hoped to achieve!



Normal retail price for dresser: $700.00


Bargain Price: $289


Price of Cliveden Bedding Ensemble: $800.00

Bargain Price: $129.00


Being a sound shopper? Priceless.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Now you need to post a picture of the "real thing."

"She seemed glad to see me.... and by watching her I began to think there was some skill involved in being a girl." - Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird