Wednesday, August 6, 2008

There's Hope For Us Short People!

So, the other day my friend Cordelia alerted me to Katie Holmes' appearance in jeans with the pants legs rolled up. in a tight, yet thick, cuff. I scoffed and laughed but apparently it's catching on given the fact that E!Online is reporting this. (And anything reported by E!Online is gospel, right?)


I don't find it to be the most attractive look by any means. But then it got me thinking: I should welcome this fashion trend with open arms, stand up on the rooftops and proclaim my undying love for it! At 5 feet, 1/2 inches tall (and that 1/2 inch is there!) it is impossible to find jeans that will not have to be rolled up into cuffs! Do you the rest of you majority folks have any idea how difficult it is to find pants and skirts that don't drag the floor or cover one's feet? Us Lilliputians are forced to buy ill fitting clothes and pay exorbitant tailoring fees to get everything hemmed! Even if it's purchased in the petite department!



I stopped buying jeans a few years ago because I could never find a pair of jeans that didn't cover my feet and drag the ground. I refused to look like a geek and roll them up so that they'd actually have a stop at the ankles. Cutting them with scissors leaves them scraggly. And I don't know if you've ever tried hemming jeans, but I can tell you that it doesn't look pretty.



So if rolled up jeans are the new trend then I can now join the ranks of Ms. Holmes, Ms. Peete, and others and roll up those jeans the next time I buy some.



Katie, on behalf of all the short people of the world, thanks!

No comments:

"She seemed glad to see me.... and by watching her I began to think there was some skill involved in being a girl." - Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird