Monday, September 15, 2008

Celebrity Idolatry: Not So Unhealthy?


So, the last thing I ever expected to read was a study that suggested the worship and obsession with celebrities is healthy. Who knew? So, if we are to believe this study then I'm guessing we can determine the following:

  • My teenage years' ritual of saying goodnight to my Andre Agassi poster each night was healthy.
  • My wallpaper of New Kids On The Block posters was also a sign of healthy growth
  • My wardrobe modeling after Christine Haje from Head of the Class was acceptable.
  • My worship of the late Heath Ledger and now his little daughter Matilda was and is a boost to my self esteem.
  • My lifetime subscription to People magazine and regular surfing of E!Online provides mental stability.
  • My insistence on complete silence during the Golden Globe Awards, the Oscars shows, AND their pre-award red carpet shows proves that I am in touch with reality.

Not sure I agree with this but hey, if someone thinks I'm not so abnormal then I'm all for it! Hmm....Who knew?

No comments:

"She seemed glad to see me.... and by watching her I began to think there was some skill involved in being a girl." - Harper Lee, To Kill A Mockingbird